Toastmasters International is a wonderful platform of progressive professionals that has changed many lives. People who swore to have no talent for public speaking are delivering keynotes and motivational speeches. People who thought it was a waste of time have morphed into DTM’s and persuaded hundreds of others to join the forum and people who believed in “I, me and mine”, are mentoring and helping others to succeed. What can you expect to learn from Toastmasters Program? Let me share my SEVEN STAR learning.
- Ripple Effect: It’s never too late when it comes to self-development. Every small or big thing you learn has a ripple effect in other areas of your life.
- B+ : You can choose your friends and choosing positive friends is a blessing in disguise. You are most productive when you are in the company of positive people, you learn better, perform better and your impact increases by many folds. B+ and maintain a positive company.
- Parkinson’s Law: It says that “The demand upon a resource tends to expand to match the supply of the resource.” Hence, plan your activities with a start and end time and stick to it. Because activities that have no time measure, will expand to occupy your valuable time.
- Boomerang effect: Never underestimate the power of motivation, words of encouragement and how they can impact the lives of people. They cost nothing but have the most profound impact. Sprinkle your communication with words of encouragement and motivation, because what you give always comes back and it’s called the Boomerang effect.
- Pay it forward: Zig Ziglar once said that if you want to succeed in life, help others to succeed. An old saying also says….. “Teaching is twice learning” So go ahead help others succeed and share your learning with others.
- Be a Story Teller: Master the art of telling stories because stories connect. Story is like the mental software that you supply so your listeners can run it again and again.
- “Be a Better listener, Ask better Questions and Don’t interrupt”: These communications rules are very familiar to leaders and Leaders are made in Toastmasters.
In conclusions; professionals who are still sitting on the fence my message would be jump across because on the other side of the fence you will meet a Toastmasters community of EXTRA-ORDINARY people. And mind you any Robot can replace the job of 100 ordinary people but 100 Robots cannot do the job of one EXTRA-ORDINARY person.