In sales we are taught to UP-SELL – If our prospect purchases a Tablet Pcs; sell him 3 years premium support along. CROSS-SELL – If your prospect buys Tablet Pcs; sell him a printer or a Camera along.
The fundamental is “don’t limit yourself to the low hanging fruits.” But cross sell and upsell to increase your share of customer wallet. And I would like to apply this principle to Toastmasters platform as well.
Toastmaster’s platform is a BOX. In TOASTMASTERS BOX members come together to invest positive energy to help and be helped in enhancing their communication and leadership skills. But the buck should never stop here and we should invest that energy to Cross Sell. What if we create two more boxes?
- FIRST BOX or PROFESSIONAL BOX: We step out of the Toastmasters box and invest in helping fellow members progress in THREE professional arenas such as
- FEEDBACK: Sharing our FEEDBACK on their professional status (This could be in the similar format of LinkedIn wherein we send feedback request to our connections)
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Recommendations on what professional course will help them to turbo charge the career. It could be onsite MBA, an online marketing course or mentoring/coaching.
- ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES: Sharing economic opportunities and this could be new jobs in his domain; new companies coming up or new industry trends.
- Let’s create SECOND BOX or FAMILY BOX: Wherein structured discussion could happen in two areas
- INVESTMENT: Right and viable investment in property; equity or others.
- FAMILY: Kids education or Health related benefits to avail and recommendations. Or Tips & recommendations on Leisure or vacation.
Good luck and begin Investing out of the box.